The sectors that interest me more specifically are:
Physics / Biology / Chemistry
Environment / Durable development
R/D / Science / Scientific Research
Objective: To obtain a position as an Analytical Chemist in a Company working in the Environmental or Pharmaceutical sector.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK, IRELAND
2006 September - 2007 November
M.Sc. in Environmental Analytical Chemistry: Awarded 1H
- Taught M.Sc. concluded with a six-month Research Project: “Preparation of Nanomaterials in Supercritical Fluids” in cooperation with the Tyndall National Institute, Ireland.
Used supercritical CO2 in the preparation of gold subnanoparticles and in the functionalisation of silicon wafers by deposition of an organic nanolayer to make them superhydrophobic.
- Analytical skills: HPLC, IC, IR, AAS, GC, UV/Vis. and fluorescence spectroscopies, TEM, SEM, EDX.
ECOLE NATIONALE SUPÉRIEURE DE CHIMIE DE MONTPELLIER (ENSCM), FRANCE
2004 September - 2007 November
Diplôme d'Ingénieur Chimiste
ENSCM: National Graduate School of Chemistry, Montpellier; a “Grande Ecole” ie a French highly selective academic Institute of Science and Technology.
- Specialisation chosen: “Environment, Catalysis and Clean Processes”.
- Coursework: Analytical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, computer science...
- Analytical skills: HPLC, GC, MS, IR, NMR, XRD, IC.
LYCÉE CHÂTEAUBRIAND, RENNES, FRANCE
2002 September - 2004 July
Two years of undergraduate intensive education in highly selective and intensive Preparatory Classes (PCSI, PC*) leading to the competitive entrance examination to the French Institutes of Science and Technology.
- Top marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
LYCÉE LE LIKES
1999 September - 2002 June
Baccalauréat in Sciences (High School Diploma)
Achieved A’s in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English.
Quality Control Analyst
Cara Partners is a joint venture between the French Group IPSEN & the German Group SCHWABE, manufactures a standardised Extract of Ginkgo Biloba (API).
- I worked there as a QC Analyst in a team of 15 Laboratory Analysts.
- Complied with GMP and GLP guidelines.
- Was in charge of the whole set of analysis of a 5 months Research Project , which lead to the successful synthesis of a new drug.
- Very significant use of: HPLC, GC, UV/Vis Spectroscopy, Extractions, KF…
- Worked in a team of 15 Laboratory Analysts as well as in close collaboration with the different departments of the company while working on my project.
- Successfully carried out a project in which the company managed to synthesise a new drug, derivative from their commercial product, but using a more cost-effective and eco-friendlier process.
- Project finished before the deadline with results appearing to be very fruitful for the company.
Mission: Work Placement
- Analysed waste/drinking waters for Berlin City and waters from industrial plants in Germany.
Means: - Used Laboratory techniques such as: Ion Chromatography, metals analysis, COD, BOD, TOC, pH…
- Adhered to strict Quality Control procedures and guidelines (ISO/IEC 17025 : 2005).
- Worked as an Analytical Chemist in a team of 10 Laboratory Technicians and 2 Chemical Engineers.
Appraisal: Replaced an Chemical Engineer specialised in Ion Chromatography.
ADRIA LABORATOIRES, Quimper, FRANCE
Mission: Work Placement
- Worked as a Laboratory Technician for this company contracted to analyze food samples from industry.
Means: - Analysis technologies: HPLC, GC, extractions, FAA...
- Performed chemical (analytical and organic) and physical analyses of food products, with very accurate measurements and strict Quality Standards.
GermanSpeaking competence: Intermediate , Written competence: Intermediate
FrenchSpeaking competence: Native speaker , Written competence: Native speaker
EnglishSpeaking competence: Fluent , Written competence: Fluent
SoftwareMicrosoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MSProject, Access), HyperChem, ChemDraw, Mopac, Empower 2 (Chromatography).
LanguagesMaple, Visual Basic.
- Salsa teacher in College of Commerce and in a Cork-based Dance Company
- Running 10km twice a week
- Scottish bagpipe player for 10 years in a 30 musician-Breton group
- Singer in a music group and in UCC and the ENSCM’s choirs
- Elected President of the Arts’ Bureau of the ENSCM (2005/2006)
The Bureau managed all the artistic societies of the National Graduate School of Chemistry and organized a yearly event entitled the Arts’ Evening.
- Elected President of the Dance Rock’s Club of the ENSCM (2004/2006)
Organizer and spokesperson
- Magazines: Time, le Monde and local news